Wednesday, February 17, 2010

It's been forever, feels like....

Who needs a pair of these?



That's right, oh yeah! Can I get an amen? Anyone? Anyone? Oh well.... at least they make me happy just lookin' at 'em. And my boy's got 'em! That's right, feast your eyes folks - the little man is styling it!!! Yesterday, he was sporting his homemade tie-dye onsie, denim overalls and these babies on his feet! My all time favorite outfit - I'll get a full body picture one of these days before he grows out of it, don't you worry!

Here is one more "just for fun" picture that I took yesterday!



Gabe doesn't really look like he knows what's going on, but that's because his old wrinkled up mama was taking a picture from the back of his car seat!

I thought I'd give y'all an encouraging verse that I got via long story... So here it is...

II Samuel 22:20
"He also brought me out into a broad place, he delivered me because He delighted in me." emphasis mine....

Do you ever feel like the Lord DELIGHTS in you? Or do you feel like He's only out to get you and make your life as miserable as possible? Or maybe you just feel like He's there...somewhere. And you are here, right now. And as my great grandmother would say..."never the twain shall meet." Well, I just want to give you a bit of encouragement. The Lord does delight in you. He does. I promise. He not only tolerates you, He not only likes you, but He DELIGHTS in you! What do you delight in? I mean what really makes you feel pure joy? (I'm pretty sure Sam's answer to that would be Starbucks!) But I'm not talking about Starbucks... I'm talking about what makes you feel like all is right with the world - what DELIGHTS you? I am here to tell you that the Lord DELIGHTS in YOU! How awesome is that? So when you are feeling confused, alone, worn out, used up and good for nothing, remember that God has rescued you and delivered you because He DELIGHTS in you!

Whew... that felt good. I feel like I can breathe a little easier. Not to get that off my chest, but just to remind myself that there is so much in this world working against you but Romans promises us that "...If God is for us, who can be against us?" (8:31) You've already won the victory - just remember it and live in the freedom that He offers...

Thank you for that moment on my soapbox. Do you have any verses or experiences lately that really have encouraged you? I think we need to share them with one another since you never know what someone else may be going through... Share your story with me! I'd love to post them to share with others!

Kind of chilly in the Tundra,

Sarah

PS. I was telling my dad this story, but thought it was kind of ironic and thought I'd share it with you. The other day, they were giving the weather report on the radio - "it's 14 right now with a windchill of 4 above... In other news the Polar Patch is going on today, so get on over there and enjoy this weather!" (The Polar Patch is an outdoor winter playland.)

No comments: