Monday, March 16, 2009

The end of a chapter....

That would be the 2009 Ski Season!!! Yay - bring on the Spring!!!! Couldn't have ended with a better trip - actually, with better weather! We were skiing in Red Lodge, MT and it was 50 degrees!!! So beautiful - I actually got to feel sun rays beating down on me - I even got a little bit of a sunburn!!!! Yeah! Well, besides, the mountain, there wasn't much snow in MT, mostly gigantic mud puddles, which is what I'm expecting here in Bismarck till July! No seriously, it must have been nice here too, because I was pleasantly surprised with the melt down around here!

Well, it was a pretty crazy trip to Red Lodge. We ended up taking two 15 passenger vans and 3 other chaperones came later with their own vehicle - which is good... (see more later on that.) We left at 11ish on Friday and had lunch at Miles City and got in to Red Lodge around 7pm mountain time. We had a great lodge called Bannock Trail Lodge - it was 5 stories, with two complete kitchens, 2 hot tubs, and tons of wildlife around the outside (that's not counting the 30 wildlifes INSIDE!) We played games, ate dinner and had some devotions! It was great! Then by bedtime, everyone had a spot. That was kind of tough, trying to find spots - when Sam booked the Lodge, they said it slept 33 people, but then when he checked in Friday, they said it slept 19.... Uh oh!!! Anyway, we squeezed all 34 of us in, some on the floor, couches, futons, beds, I got a love seat!!! I was so thankful I didn't have to sleep on the flagstone floor! :) Ah the simple things....

Anyway, we had a couple great days of skiing, there were bumps, bruises, lessons and experts - nothing major, until the last run on Sunday.... And leave it to Judah - he was going off a jump and caught an edge with his ski and landed on his shoulder, therefore breaking his collar bone! I told him he just wanted to be like Sam! Well, I actually told him a whole lot of things, but I won't go into the details! :) So we got to ride back in the car and Judah was mostly laying down and sleeping the whole time and when I think about riding in the car for 6-8 hours yesterday, I can't believe we actually made it back! We did get back in around midnight and then Judah took a special ride over to the ER and hung out there for about an hour or so...

Now, here I am at work, regretting the fact that I came here at all today - and ready to go home and have a nap! I wish I had pictures to load, I did receive the most beautiful gift from my sister-in-law, I want to take pictures of it to show you because her amazing handiwork is absolutely gorgeous! Let's see if I can add a link - I don't think I've done that before, but it's time to refer you over to Cindy again! You've just got to see her work! Let's see if that worked! Have a great week! PS. I didn't ski. Although we did have a chaperone along who was 5 months along and snowboarding both days - that makes me feel kind of like - well, I don't know... But anyway, I'm still doing well!! Thanks for asking!

No comments: