Tuesday, August 18, 2009

****Warning****

I just finished posting about my previous 10 days, so scroll down for previous post before reading this one - unless of course, you are one of THOSE people, who like to read the last chapter of the book before you even start the book - but don't EVEN get me started on THOSE KINDS OF PEOPLE! Just do me a favor, ok? Scroll down and read the other post first... Geesh, why do you have to be so difficult? - some people's children.....

So HI! I'm back! It's been a full 10 minutes since I last posted, but I have a lot more pictures from Colorado. We were home for a little over 24 hours, just enough time to do a little laundry and re-figure some packing, remove our forks, go to the Dr. for a check up, rent a few audio books for the long drive, go through Sam's goods from Guatemala, tell our dog hi, and have a little bit of sleep before we got up at 4:30am on Saturday morning to begin our 17-20 hour drive to CO! We did make it the first day to Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes, CO - with 7 people in the Suburban and Sadie and Nathan in their van. When we got to Cheyenne, WY, we got to spread out a bit... Anyway, here's a couple pictures from our evening hike up to a waterfall that night.

What a hunka hunka burning love, aye?





The next day, we headed out again, all through the park, it was really pretty, except it was called "Alpine Tundra" instead of my fond name for ND - the "Arctic Tundra." But you'll have to understand the definitions of the two so that you understand that I'm not exaggerating when I call this place the Arctic Tundra! The "Alpine Tundra" has to do with elevation, while the "Arctic Tundra" has to do with the temperature... ND does not have elevation, so I've been right on all this time - and for you all you crazies out there that think I'm being SO DRAMATIC - whatever. If you drive to the highest paved road in the United States - in Rocky Mountain National Park and stop at the visitor center at the top - like 12,000 ungodly feet, you can read the sign for yourself! So there!!!! Enough of that.

It was really COLD here too though...



We picked up Katie and Mike in Buena Vista, CO. It's great to see them again! And then we headed off to Family Camp. Seriously, after 3,000 (maybe slight exaggeration) hours in the car, I thought I was going to loose it in the windy, twisty road down to the Camp. We ended up just outside of Lake City, CO - ever heard of it? Yeah, me neither. But it's beautiful. I mean REALLY BEAUTIFUL! And guess what, there were houses for sale EVERYWHERE - so guess who decided that's the new place we are moving too - yep, you guessed it - Sambo says we're moving. But then again - he always says that, so don't get your panties in a wad, ok, Most likely, we're not going anywhere! You can take the guy out of the Tundra, but you can never take the Tundra out of the guy!

Well, here is a plug for Camp Red Cloud. What an amazing experience! We were there for a Creation Mountain Adventure with Alpha and Omega Institute. And it was a great week! 0 as in ZERO cell phone reception, no tv's...basically no contact with the outside world... Here are some fun things we did....

Self portrait - pretty talented, ain't I? these were "family communication building" games... Needless to say, the staff at Red Cloud were NOT sure what to do with the Coleman Clan.



A hike to a waterfall....



High Ropes Course....







Biking for the girls minus me (you should have seen how tiny those seats were - shiver....) and fishing for the boys plus me (you should have seen how tiny those seats were - shiver....oh sorry, did I already say that?!)



I guess this is the only picture I have from fishing - here's the thing - I got a one on one tutorial on fishing with my main man finding me a grasshopper and getting me all rigged up - he even casted for me and showed me how to do it and everything. I sat there and sat there. Then he left and I reeled in and casted myself and within seconds, maybe even milliseconds, I caught my own fish. THAT picture must be on his camera - so trust me on this one - Sambo was NOT the only one in the family catching fish. There, I've said my piece!



On Wednesday, we had an all day event - Rock climbing....



Let's see, what else.... Repelling! I didn't repel - OBVIOUSLY... But here's a great shot after the Outlaws came down!



Some people went on an early morning horse back ride to Breakfast - again, NOT ME! :) So don't you worry your pretty little heads out there in blogger land! I'm taking care of myself, I promise!



And finally, for the pies de resistance - the POWER POLE!



This picture is a little dark and hard to see, but what the heck is a Power Pole, you might ask? I'm glad you did. It's where crazy people climb up a 23 foot telephone pole and stand on the very tippy top of it and then if that's not bad enough, they jump off of it to a trapeze thing and then they let you down with a rope. Yeah. Sounds insane to me - and you didn't even see it happen. Let's just say, I'm pretty glad that I had an excuse not to go on a lot of these things because frankly, I'm sure I would have ended up shortening my life. Can you believe people do this kind of stuff for fun?! :)

Anyway, after all this, we headed back to the Tundra on Friday and stopped in Colorado Springs on Friday night, finished our trip on Saturday and got back at 3am on Sunday morning and do you what to know what my normally extremely active husband had to say about all this?



'Nough said!

We're happy to be home in the Tundra,

Love, Sarah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Sarah...looks like you guys had a great time!!! Beautiful scenery and a beautiful family...glad you couldn't do some of those things Haaa Haaaa...love you!!!!

Cindy

Anonymous said...

PS your brother cracks up laughing every time he reads your blog...he thinks you are the funniest girl in the world...he is always saying she should write a book on all of this :)