Monday, August 31, 2009

Are you a smeller?

If you have to ask me, what the heck is a smeller? - you OBVIOUSLY aren't a smeller! I LOVE smells - good smells that is. I go crazy with fresh laundry. And right now, on my desk, sitting beside me is the most delicious smelling peach I think I've ever smelled in my whole entire life! I'm thinking I need to wait till snack time for it. When is snack time anyway? Ok, I can't stand it - the smell is getting to me - snack time is NOW! One bite and....oh, so disappointed...... You know how they say, don't judge a book by it's cover? Well, certainly don't judge a peach by it's smell.... Another bite - it gets a little better, but frankly, I've lost all the excitement with that first impressionable bite. My life is not as happy as it was before. Some of you may be thinking right now - what the heck is this girl writing about and why the heck am I reading it? Well, that's a question that only you can answer. And frankly, I think it might be a bit of a personal problem! :) Now, getting back to my peach, if I were more of a blogger and less of a smeller, I might have even documented the whole process with pictures. But seriously, the smell was just getting to me! So there you have it! I have a pretty intense sniffer. Most of my memories are linked to smells. Is that weird? Never mind, don't answer that. Every time I smell diesel - it reminds me of being 11 years old and standing in the Garden Tomb right outside of Jerusalem, Israel. Did you know that they've created a bus station right under Golgatha? Seriously. It was a pretty intense moment in my life and so as I stood there taking it all in, the diesel really marked that memory on my brain - funny how things like that work... Whenever I smell celery - I ALWAYS think of Thanksgiving. It could be the middle of summertime and as soon as I smell celery, it gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling like the cozy, comforting Fall is right around the corner. I remember waking up to the smell of Turkey in the oven every Thanksgiving. My mom had already chopped celery and onion to fill the inside of it with all of her other seasonings... Ummmm..... I'm definitely not ready for the Fall, but the thought of Thanksgiving...

Well, to get us back on track for the summer, let me show you a couple of pictures with just did with one of our amazing pastor's families... This is raw footage, mind you - Sam's got the good pictures on his camera, but they are so stinking cute, I couldn't resist posting a couple just to give you a sneak preview to what is to come. Eventually, meaning sooner than later, we are going to get a S2 (S-Squared) Photography website up and running to see all of our photos, but for now - with the lack of equipment that we need right now.... we'll just have to settle for this!









Just a reminder - these are not the final product - Sam's got the good photo's, this is just a taste, but they are such a cute family!!! I just had to share! Well, I guess my aimless ramblings have filled up enough of your time. So I'll let you go - I need to make a to-do list for the day! So have a terrific day! It's gone from 56 degrees to 70 degrees - so I hope you are enjoying your day as much as I plan on enjoying mine! :)

Life is good in the Tundra,

Sarah

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love the photos. I esp. love the one of the three kids walking away. Very cute. I can't wait to see more photos from you.