Thursday, July 2, 2009

Just in case....

I had actually won something on Pioneer Woman, I thought I'd better go and check. That sure would make my day better. But alas, no. What was I expecting - ever the hopeless romantic.... But so anyway, my mom came through her surgery - her lymph node test was positive - meaning they DID find cancer in her lymph nodes. So we are at another crossroad - decisions to be made, new adventures to deal with, and change. Have you ever prayed, being so positive that your prayers were going to turn out a certain way? But then, you wonder, is that just the way I WANT them to turn out, or is that the Lord giving me a peace and telling me that's the way it IS going to turn out? If you have that question, this is what I think it is - it's God giving you a peace that HE'S GOT IT UNDER CONTROL and He's not necessarily telling you the outcome. But He is reminding you that He loves you best of all and He knows what's going on in your life and He knows what you can handle and He knows what is going to bring you closer to Him. Because that's really what life is all about, isn't it? It's about getting closer to Him. Sure, He puts things, comforts, in our lives to make it that much sweeter. He gives us family and friends. But when it all comes right down to it, what He wants more than anything, is a close and personal relationship with each and every one of us. Now some of you ask, how can 1 God have such a close and personal relationship with the 6 billion people on this planet - and you know what? Some of those questions are just not able to be answered. But it's true - He does want that.

So those are my random musings on these hard things in life that come our way. Thanks for listening. Tune in after the weekend, I do have some great stories, and will hopefully have more next week! Thanks for your patience with my seriousness! :)

Soberly thinking about the wonderful things of the Lord in the Tundra,

Sarah

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thinking of you and your mom. The Lord is still in Control. Love you lori