Thursday, April 30, 2009

Tie-Dye Extravaganza!

Well, HELLO from the Jolly Green Giant!

Yes I was wearing gloves, but they must have been cheap, or I must have gotten so excited to be tie-dying and maybe went a little crazy...nah.... I'm sure the gloves were cheap! My fingers are green. But at least they aren't as bad as poor little Sam's hands. He looks like he's got gangrene in the worst possible way! Oh well. Someday it'll wear off!

Well, last night was the last night of Confirmation - and everyone was all revved up!
We had Wood House for dinner last night and for those of you who haven't ever heard of Bismarck, ND, much less been here, you probably wouldn't really understand. Wood House has the best burgers EVER! Oh, and hot dogs. But they are red. Really red. Like, SCARY red. So anyway, I was having a wonderful dinner with some very wonderful friends, when one of our Sr. Highers says to my friends, the Peske's (Nicole, here is where I would insert the link to your blog - if you had one!!!)that he would like to see their 2 year old stick the rest of his hot dog in his mouth at once. Silly, crazy Sr. Higher..... It was about an inch of hot dog and guess what said 2 year old (Ben) did? He stuck it in his mouth, the whole thing! We were all amazed, just watching him, then he was having some trouble chewing it all up - Mom to the rescue, Nicole is trying to get it out of his mouth and Ben began choking, wailing when he got a breath and then the grand finale - (by the way, the rest of this post is not for the faint of heart) he starts puking! I mean like not just little bits of hot dog, but like breakfast, lunch and dinner!!!! I turn away immediately because imagine this, I'm still eating dinner - and I have a plateful of mashed potato salad (another story) left on my plate. And I WASN'T going to let that go to waste. Well, after that entire episode, said Sr. Higher felt awful. He felt so bad that I think his night was just completely ruined. But I told him not to worry, it happens to the best of us - I'm sure all of y'all out there have wonderful regretful choking/puking stories of your kids, or heck, maybe even of yourselves! Anyway, there is a lesson here - don't try to get a 2 year old to eat a gigantic chunk of hot dog. They might just do it! But, no Thursday is really complete without a great choking/puking story, so there it is for the day! Enjoy!!!

Aren't you looking forward to me having my own kids to share these stories about??? Let me tell you what, they will be a lot more frequent! :)

Other than that, tie dying went well. It was fun, the front parking lot of our church is now several different colors, but I can only imagine if we had to end up doing that inside! Ugh!!! By the time the Sr. Highers got out there, it was getting cold and so they all headed home pretty early which left Sam and I and our cutest little Sr. High friend, Tiffany, to clean up the mess! Thank the Lord for Tiffany! (not the same Tiffany mentioned in previous post, although I'm thankful to the Lord for her as well!) So we are going to have the most colorful little baby at 3-6 months! He/She has three new tie-dyed long sleeve onsies. And they turned out quite nice if I do say so myself! Sam's t-shirts turned out great as well! I think he's been practicing.

I guess I need to wrap this up since I know that most of you don't have all day to read my ramblings, so I'll catch up with you later...

From yet another overcast and nasty day in the Tundra,



Anonymous said...

More info. than I needed. I'm glad
I finished eating before I read the entry from the TUNDRA!!!


I can handle it!!!!Dad

Nicole said...

I told said high schooler that it was in no way his fault and that the parents should win "parents of the year" for not immediately stopping said 2 year old from shoving said hot dog in his mouth. I asked said high schooler to please not call social services.

Let this be a lesson. A gross lesson, but still a lesson.