Friday, June 26, 2009

Excitement reigns in the hearts of all - well, at least me!!!

That's right - my main squeeze is coming home today after a week in the Boundary Waters!!!! That's right, without me. But don't worry, that was my choice - it was either stay and save the health of my unborn baby, or go and get eaten up with mosquitoes and whatever else kind of bugs they had, sleep on the ground, carry heavy packs and canoes and never shower for a week straight. I think I made the right decision!!! But I sure did miss him! I always miss him. I didn't get as much done as I wanted. It was more behind the scenes kinds of stuff I got done, like read three and a half books...go through my clothes for the rummage sale...laundry (but guess what, there's more!) And I did leave two guys at my house this morning to finish caulking up the shower, actually to start AND finish caulking up the shower!!! That's a nice project to have out of the way. But don't worry, I did water the plants - the day it rained. But that's beside the point. I got to hang out with some really great people! I ate a big breakfast everyday. Then a not so big lunch and I can't even remember what I had for dinner all week, but I'm happy. Tonto is really happy. He got to sleep inside for 6 nights. He's not going to be very excited tonight. The first night, he was really confused, like he wasn't suppose to be in the house, but it didn't take him long to get used to it.

Anyway, as a treat to the greatest husband on the planet, I'm making dinner tonight. And I make no promises for any days past today! :) I'm just so excited to see him, I just don't know what to do with myself. 6 more hours.... Whew, I get so excited just thinking about it!!!! Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't hardly stand it in the Tundra!

Love, Sarah

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sam and Sarah, we should get together sometime soon. It is so beautiful out here. We met another family with horses and we have so many photo opportunities. Just can't seem to find the time, oh wait. This is my last week of class.... and 6 more credits closer to that degree.
I hope to see you over the fourth but as always, JC's family is coming. My garden and flowers are doing well, I hope yours are too, because with Sam gone, I know who's doing all the watering....