Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Quick Venting session....

Ok, I've made myself a list of things to do this week and then decided what I was going to do everyday. Yesterdays project was fixing the fence around the garden, which fell down last summer while Sam was away to Chicago. Yes, it's been that long and it still hasn't gotten fixed. BECAUSE - we had to put up new rails and new pickets, and paint all of them. Well, Sam got the new rails put back up a while ago, probably last year when he got back, so now it's just the pickets that need to be painted and reattached. So yesterday was the BIG day to get that fixed. I painted all the pickets and proceeded to go and measure the rest of the fence still standing to cut my new pickets to size and space them out as necessary and screw them in. Well, wouldn't you know that when I tried to measure the other fence, there was no normal measuring system available. Seriously, the first picket is like 48 inches. The next one was 46 inches plus a couple little lines, the next one was 39 on the little tiny red numbers over the inches - don't even know what method of measuring that was!!! And it was way worse from there. That was enough to get my panties in a wad - then I started measuring how far they were from each other - the first one - 9 and a half centimeters! The next one, well, it was just UNDER 9 centimeters!!! What the heck?!?! There is NO WAY that I was going to be able to finish that project, which completely throws me off of my weeks projects! So I had to learn to be flexible and just move on to my new project!

Today's project? - Strawberry Rhubarb Jam! It's my first canning experience and I'm a little intimidated, but I think it will work out well! I'm running out of time this week to get all my projects done. I'm kind of bummed about that, I've run into a few other dilemmas that are going to set me back.

Well, I'm collecting all kinds of wonderful things for the Nursery. Haven't even had a chance to get in there to do a single darn thing, but at least they are all coming together! :) I think I will feel a bit more settled once I get that room moved around a bit!

Some really great friends of ours, the Jensens, came over and brought a de-humidifier to help with our flooding problem. I haven't emptied out quite as much water as I would have liked to. Our house is turned upside down still. Seriously, it's a mess. And I've had two separate people in who have never been there before - just for them to look at our house that's completely a mess! Good thing I'm not proud! :)

PS. It's raining. Rain, rain, go away, come again next month or some other time!

So friends, I'll put an end to this madness today. I'm delirious with excitement, for what, I don't know - but why stop a beautiful thing?

Gobbling up Bridget's monster cookies in the Tundra,

Love, Sarah

No comments: